Wednesday, August 10, 2011

blah blah, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah

In other words, it's my daughter's 18th birthday.  She's stunning but I wasn't able to give her anything close to the type of birthday I would have liked.  I couldn't do a birthday lunch (other than That Scottish Restaurant) because... gee... no money.  Her gifts consisted of the same types of things she's gotten every year (with the exception of the plethora of kickin' footies) because... gee... no money.  And, of course, no energy.  Add in a dash or two of both of us having Other Issues.  Not so much with each other except where they come merely because they exist.  I'd go on, but there is this cat sitting at my side going, "Mom.  You had three days, technically four since you had a doctor's appointment on Monday, where you Did Things.  You Need To Rest and Recover Now.  Pet me.  Don't try to tell me that you haven't needed all that extra napping I've been making you do.  Pet me.  That's right.  Put down the computer and back away.  But not before you hand me some more treats.  Oh, and pet me."

(If I had the money, I'd buy one of my own t-shirts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment